Tuesday 17 April 2018

Getting to grips

Not done a blog post in a while, almost 4 months.
I've been pretty occupied back at home with lots of training and preparation for upcoming races, I'ts also nice being back around close friends and family, I'm so used to living predominantly on my own in a foreign country which dont get me wrong is amazing, but being back for this season is nice too.
Training is going well, still with my coach Tom which is great, his knowledge of the domestic scene is insane so thus far hes really helped me feel like I have a grasp on UK racing. Numbers are up and I'm going well, just waiting for the call up for the bigger races now really, show what I can do and that I have a good kick on me.

My team Vitus Pro Cycling managed to get into the prestigious Tour De Yorkshire which was great news for us as a new name and outfit, I was confident we would due to the great team of riders and staff.
For me this season (as a last year U23) is all about getting stuck in and being spontaneous in the races, I have a good kick but you can never just rely on the race coming down to a sprint, take the race to them! 
Training in Yorkshire is probably some of the best around, yes the weather is incredibly unpredictable, but the rolling terrain is great for efforts, long or short, you have it all really. Another good thing about being back at home is I know so many routes, weather you ride over to Derbyshire or west towards Manchester you'll always have a challenging route and great views to match, the TdY is certainly going to be brutal!
I'm hoping to race at Klondike GP in two weeks time, I think the rolling course will suit my style of riding and I'd love to get stuck in on a national level, and I really want to rep our amazing team kit made by Velotec (check it out below) 
We really have some great sponsors on board this season, the Vitus Vitesse Evo bikes are outstanding, super stiff and great geometry, the team mechanics have done an excellent job building them up and fine tuning them, also sticking on the schwable tires which ride great. Vitus is a name that's been around for a long time in the cycling world, they became big after Sean Kelly won multiple races on board one while racing for KAS, its an honor to ride for such a prestigious bike name and I hope to get some great results for the team this season, another great tool I really rate is Kitbrix, designed off a military idea it keeps all your kit super organised and compact which is incredibly useful, the crew from Kitbrix came to our team camp in Spain and gave a great presentation about the brand and what they do and their goals as a key sponsor in professional cycling.
Last thing to mention is I'll be doing the Etape Du Dales on the 20th of May, a 170km sportive around the wonderful Yorkshire Dales, all proceeds go to the Dave Rayner fund which helped me a great deal and is one of the main reasons I am where I am today, and even the reason for setting up this blog which I really enjoy using so go check out the website,
Thanks for reading all,
Bring on the next race!









No comments:

Post a Comment