Friday 29 July 2016

It's Not Over Yet.

Usually the cycling season is anywhere from February/ March till about August. In California its different, because of the incredible weather, (28 degrees C all year round) the season starts in January and ends in September, the only reason it fades away is because of the love of cyclocross in this area, which starts at the end of August.
My schedule is still popping, racing most weekends now till the end of August, which is brilliant. It gives me a few more weeks to try get another win.

This season so far has been my best yet, I've done around 35+ races and had a big win, 3 podiums and been in the top 5 countless times which gives me real confidence as it shows me I'm not burning out mid season like a lot of seasoned riders do.
I think the key to do well in races is to be happy with what you're doing, a lot of cycling is mental, you might have the legs to go all the way but if you don't have the right mind set you really wont go far or see much improvement. For me personally I need to be somewhere where I can be completely off the bike one day and relax, do something the complete opposite to cycling and forget about the sport for a day, I usually do this after a bad race, I find that if you bury yourself after a race because you think you need more training you'll slowly end up hating training and racing, instead take your mind off things, look back at you highs in the season and take them for granted, tell yourself that you clearly have the legs. Racing honestly sometimes is like the lottery, you really don't know who's going to win, so be confident about trying something new, I'd definitely class myself as a sprinter who loves a bunch gallop, but I've actually been in a few breaks this year and scraped a decent result, you never know what you might get out of it.
Confidence is key!


Another thing I wanted to discuss was COFFEE.

things like how do you make it? what coffee do you guys use? etc.

I'll start off by posting my coffee choice and how I make it and maybe you could tweet me back how you make yours. @leon_gledhill


I use a french press and Kona coffee from Hawaii, its amazing!












I also wanted to share some photos of my recent trip to Bend, Oregon.



































































No comments:

Post a Comment