Wednesday 17 June 2015

Hey June!

So its June and pretty far into the season, this year is going so quick I cant believe it! ive recently started track again and im loving it, it sure does bring back memories of going to track league every Tuesday night in the pouring rain and racing till about midnight then getting up for college the next day, oh those where the days... Now every time I exit the track in Carson, CA im greeted by palm trees and sunshine and an amazing sunset. Training has been going well and im still on the lookout for a team for 2016 to continue my stay here in California, since writing my last blog ive picked up some decent results on the track and on the road too, I placed 7th in a challenging criterium in Torrance behind a storming train of KHS (local pro team) riders which swept the podium, It took me about 15 minutes of people constantly trying to brake away for me to catch my breath and settle into a nice rhythm, after the pace became more consistent i started to move myself toward the front, rider by rider i managed to get myself in the top 10 riders with about 2 laps to go, the bell rang, then boom, huge crash on the back straight, I was fortunately in-front of the pile up and it didn't affect me in any way, as the KHS train flew by I jumped on the back and finished 7th in the close sprint.

Also since writing my last post I raced in a National round on the road in Dana Point, which is about 6 miles away from where I am staying. the competition was incredibly high, a lot of riders flying in to race in this national round, I was way out of my league but that didn't really phase me, I felt very comfortable in the race, I even went for an early prime but crossed the line second, I pretty much stayed in the top 20 for the majority of the race, i even had to get a lap out as someone fell on my rear wheel and clamped the rear brake on, after jumping back in it took me about 10 minutes to get my breath back because we where averaging about 30mph for the whole race, with one lap to go there was another huge crash and i basically had to stop to get around it, this forced me to lose my spot near the front and after chasing I rolled in about 40th, it was a shame but it taught me that my fitness is good enough to stay with these continental riders and that gave me confidence.
My track results have been very consistent too, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 7th, 7th.
The track here in LA is awesome and its also great training for the road, it really gives you that leg speed which is much needed at the end of a crit.

I know this post is short but I'll be sure to do another soon so stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment