Friday 22 January 2016

Ready To Race

I've been in the USA now for about 2 weeks and so far I've done over 650 miles, 380 of these were ridden in 3 days! I competed in the 2016 Coast Ride starting in San Francisco and finishing in Santa Barbara. This ride has some of the most picturesque roads I'll probably ever ride on, not to mention the famous landmarks along the way, for example the Golden Gate Bridge, Big Sur, Bixby Bridge and many more. Each day consisted of around 127 miles and an average of about 8,000 feet of climbing. the Monterey to Morro Bay day had over 10,000 feet of climbing! Many famous cyclists competed in this challenging long weekend of riding, the likes of Ted King and big Eros Poli just to name a few,  also the guys from InGamba showed up to make the ride even more special. I was pretty happy with how I was riding, my form is starting to come in, I mean its pretty early in the season but I've got some big target races in February so its always nice to test the legs. At the end of each 7 hour day I did a 10 second max sprint, just to see how my legs responded, each day I managed to hit over 1350 watts so I was pretty pleased.
I used these long rides as training but also tried to incorporate some sight seeing and here are some of my photos from along the way.


























So 2016 is really going to be amazing...

I've recently received funding from the Dave Rayner fund to support me throughout this season of racing and I really am honored, this money will really help me have a great race season and will also provide me with a place to stay in sunny California.
My goal is to become a professional cyclist and with the support of this foundation I really think that this could be possible in the next few years.
My first big race with the team will be Pine Flats Road Race on the 14th of February, we hope to have about 5 to 6 guys out for that one, its a rolling course for the first 3/4 but has a couple of steep hills near the end so its really about setting something up for that final kicker to the finish.

Here are the Premier races for 2016 that I am hoping to do well in.

Snelling RR
Chico SR
Santa Cruz Crit
Copperopolis RR
Wente RR
Berkeley Hills RR
Mike Bikes Cat's Hill Crit
Mt Hamilton RR
Pescadero RR
Lodi Crit
Tour de Nez Crit
Loyalton TT
Nevada City Crit
Davis Jul 4 Crit
San Rafael Twilight Crit
Winters RR
Vacaville GP Crit
Giro di SF Crit
Oakland GP Crit


I'll be updating this blog on a monthly basis to stay tuned for my next update.
Bye for now.









2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, loved seeing your schedule as well.....good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete